Many people have a desire to skate on the ice-covered land or in the appealing mountain while enjoying the panoramic view of the landscape.
If you are also one of them, the first thing you require is a premium and high-quality snowboard that can give you an excellent experience of snowboarding amidst an ecstatic natural beauty.
There are various kinds of snowboards that are different in size and features.
If you are a beginner or in a learning phase of snowboarding then have a look at the following list that has been composed of the best snowboards for beginners.
Top Rated Beginner Snowboards
1. SPORTSSTUFF Snow Ryder Hardwood Snowboard
This snowboard is made of hardwood that is durable and perfect for repetitive use. Its laminated bottom surface provides a smooth riding that lasts for a long time and makes it perfect for beginners. It is featured with multi-layer construction and creates an ultra-strong composite board.
This snowboard is also featured with simple hook and loop bindings that are easy to adjust which ensures that the rider’s boots or shoes are securely fastened to the board while sliding.
- Can be adjusted easily
- It comes in a size of 130 cm
2. Krown Snowskate Plastic Polymer Dual Kick Snowboard
This plastic polymer snowboard is featured with an Asymmetrical dual kick shape. It gives you a flexy feel which is coupled with a grooved underside makes the board stable. The board is coupled with a soft foam grip that makes your feet comfortable. Its strong flexibility makes sure for a smooth ride.
This snowskate is available both for advanced and beginners. If you are a beginner you will have to purchase the smaller one which is available at 32” inches.
- Made of plastic polymer
- Asymmetrical dual kick shape
- printed EVA foam top sheet
3. Agog Sports SLOPEDECK – A Skateboard For The Snow
This snowboard has a Morphteck base that allows you to carve tight turns in all conditions. The concave skate deck is coupled with a grippy EVA top sheet.
Its dual-density shock absorption makes it the most nimble snow skate around. Its lightweight and quick turning features with solid carving make it feasible to be used for all snow conditions.
This snowboard’s excellent features make riding perfect for all novice and pro riders as it is engineered to carve turns and track like no other snowskate.
- custom cambered deck
- dual-density shock absorption
- Leash hole on the tail
- Closed cell foam shock absorption
4. JJHDM 80CM Snowboard Cruiser
This snowboard offers beginners an excellent feeling of riding. While enjoying nature you can go out to play interesting sports.
It is suitable for different styles including cruise, commute, tricks and freestyle riders. Irrespective of your age and gender, you can feel the passion of youth while cultivating a focus and balance.
This snowboard is suitable for both children and adults. It can also be an ideal partner for those who are interested in sports.
- Easy to carry
- Attractive pattern
- Give a fashionable feeling
- High-strength aluminium alloy bracket
This classic snowboard is designed to be ridden with a slightly longer nose than tail to concentrate pop in the tail while providing plenty of floats, flow, and control.
This board provides smooth, continuous edge control from tip to tail with its snappy suspension. Its perfect balanced ride due to twin flex being perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail makes it the best snowboard for beginners.
Its dual-zone EGD engineered wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones perpendicular to the core for more edge-hold, response, and strength.
- It has a directional shape
- Super Fly II 700G Core uses stronger and lighter wood
- Twin flex provides a balanced ride
The aforementioned snowboards can be the best snowboards for beginners available on Amazon.com. These apparatus can be the ideal companion of a beginner who is going to start the journey of snowboarding on a snowy mountain or ice-covered land.
These high-quality snowboards have the ability to give you the appealing experience of riding.
As a beginner, it is a must to check the size of a board as the size affects its suitability. A snowboard with the wrong size cannot give you a better experience while learning and progressing.
Freestyle riders prefer to choose a smaller board compared to all-mountain riders as it enables them to do tricks by manipulating it. A board that is neither too short nor too long is a perfect choice for beginners as such a board gives the ability to head off-piste and also to the park without too much trouble.
The best flex for a beginner is soft or medium-to-soft (1,2,3 or 4 out of 10). A flex that is on the softer side is easier to manoeuvre and manipulate, particularly at slower speeds.
A stiff board will be tough to initiate turns on and you will have a hard time controlling it. Stiff flex gives more stability at high speeds on steep slopes. Medium-soft flex enables you to tackle steeper slopes and ride at greater speeds.
You should not be tempted to progress too fast. It would be far better to learn on a beginner’s board than trying to learn on a board that is not suited to beginners.
If you are tempted to get a more advanced board to avoid buying a new one too soon, then you should go with beginner to intermediate or beginner to advanced. This will also serve your purpose of keeping your board with you for a little longer.
Many riders prefer to have a snowboard that is able to do a bit of everything. There are versatile snowboards that are still suitable for beginners. Many beginners want a board that could take them in any direction whether that be freestyle, casual, freeriding etc.
There are mainly two types of bases for snowboards: extruded and sintered bases. For a beginner, the extruded board is more preferable as it is slower and easier to maintain.
Since a fast accelerating base is not a good idea for a beginner, the extruded board helps you to maintain a slow pace. Less expenditure on manufacturing the extruded base lessen the overall cost of the board.
Average-sized feet do not have an issue with width. A boot size of 10.5 or larger needs a wide board. In the case of a narrow board, boots will hang over the edge of the board too far and will hit or drag the snow causing you to catch an edge. Wide boards specifically accommodate for a larger boot size.
The snowboard with a true twin shape is considered the best for beginners. These boards are perfectly symmetrical making it easier for you to maintain perfect balance.
The snowboard with twin shapes is ideal for learning tricks and learning how to ride switches from early on.
If you are looking for a board that lasts for long then a directional twin shape can be a perfect choice.
A centred stance is ideal for beginners. A centred stance is easier to get the balance as you are centred on the board. It also makes the learning switch easier.
Manufacturers indicate what types of riders are targeted to use their products. Boards have ability levels on them. These include Beginner, Beginner-Intermediate, Beginner-Advanced, Beginner – Expert, Intermediate to Advanced, Intermediate to Expert; or Advanced to Expert. You have to choose according to the needs of a beginner.
What kinds of Snowboards are good for beginners?
There are many different types of snowboards. The snowboards having an effective edge with smooth and flexible bottoms are more ideal for the beginner to use.
Since beginners are unsure of their movement and unable to control the movement, they need a soft snowboard that is easy to move and control.
What is the weight limit to ride on Snowboard?
Every snowboard has a weight limit that should not exceed more than 270 pounds. More than 270 pounds of weight can affect both the riders and the snowboard. The lighter you weigh the more flexible your ride will be. Many riders face problems due to their weight while riding.
Is a special shoe or boot required for snowboarding?
For some snowboards, special shoes are required while some other snowboards can be used with a regular shoe. Beginners are often seen to be in regular shoes.
But experienced riders imperatively use snowboard boots because they’re built to provide support and stability.
However, a well-fitting snowboard boot is essential to a good experience on a snowboard, including for a beginner.
Is a helmet required to ride on Snowboards?
Irrespective of your level, you must wear a helmet while snowboarding as there is a high chance of falling while riding. If you are a beginner who is about to start riding a snowboard, a helmet is highly recommended to avert any accident. Since accidents are not under your control, you should take all the precautions to reduce the risk factor
What critical types of equipment do I need to purchase?
Socks, gloves, thermal underwear, goggles and beanies are normally not available for rental. Make sure you stock up on these before you arrive — ALDI is a great place to start! For information about winter clothing, such as hats, scarves, and mittens.
Which size of snowboard should I buy?
For beginners, a good starting point is to keep one at the height of one’s chin. Of course, different-sized boards are better suited to different riding styles and conditions, but for now, you just want something that is user-friendly for those who are just starting out.
Do I need a pair of wristguards?
It’s true that wrist guards are disliked by many, but they actually reduce the severity of wrist injuries, which are a typical occurrence while snowboarding. In my opinion, all children and most adults should wear them while they’re learning. With a shattered wrist, can you truly go back to work?
This article provides a detailed description of the best snowboards for beginners. One who is eager to learn how to skate on the snow without having previous experience often get confused before buying a snowboard.
The abovementioned snowboards can be the best to serve the purpose of a beginner who is going to start their journey of riding on the snow.
The buyer’s guide will help you to buy a suitable snowboard if you are also a beginner who is going to learn to ride on the snow.
- Symbolic Rocker Snowboard (Pick Size Above)
- Symbolic Custom Snowboard Bindings (Pick Size Above)
- EASY GOING ALL TERRAIN: Ideal for riders looking for a fun board to improve on
- FEEL CONFIDENT & HAVE FUN: Progression begins with confidence, and the Camrock’s playful feel will inspire you to take your riding to the next level, for all terrain.
- With a super-friendly flex
- Rider's level : Beginner
- Flex : 8 (Soft)
- Entry level snowboard for backyard fun. No metal edges - not for resort use
- Durable hardwood construction
- Ratchet style bindings for a secure fit
- Raised nose and tail for multiple riding directions
- Great for riders up to 150 pounds
- IDEAL FOR BEGINNER SNOWBOARDERS – This snowboard is appropriate for children ages 5 to 15. Weight limit is upto 95 lbs
- SOLID, QUALITY CONSTRUCTION – Made of a solid polypropylene construction, this kids’ snowboard showcases excellent workmanship.
- ADJUSTABLE BINDINGS – This snowboard has step-in bindings that are adjustable for children of all ages.
- COOL AND STYLISH GRAPHICS – The amazing surface of this board boasts hip and trendy designs.
- TEACHES KIDS BASIC TECHNIQUES – The Free Ride Snowboard can be used to practice easy moves and novice tricks.
- All-Mountain Style Snowboard Set – Lightweight Rig with a Medium Flex - Durable Gloss Finished Top-Sheet Paired with Rigid Snowboard Bindings made of Injection Molded Polyethylene
- Snowboard Shape -Twin Directional (Symmetric) Tip and Tail, Hybrid Profile (Camber Rocker Camber Profile) with Camber under foot and a rocker core (prevents edge catching and enhances pop), using the...
- Sandwich Construct - White ABS Side Wall - Components: 100% Real Wood Core, ABS side wall, Rubber dampening strip, Steel edge side wall, Extruded base, Ridged Top & Bottom Sheet (scratch resistant)
- STAUBER Dyna Snowboard Bindings - Light weight, Reinforced Precision Injection Molded Bindings, Adjustable High back, Taught Ankle Strap, Toe Cap strap, Aluminum alloy 6061 Buckling mechanism
- Includes 8 - 14mm Screws and 8 Countersunk Locking Washers, 2 Mounting Discs, and a FREE STAUBER Sticker
- IDEAL FOR BEGINNER SNOWBOARDERS – This snowboard is appropriate for children ages 5 to 15. It is perfect for entry-level snowboarding, making it a great fit for novice kids.
- CUSTOMIZE AND DESIGN YOUR OWN GRAPHICS – The amazing surface of this board boasts hip and trendy designs.
- SOLID, QUALITY CONSTRUCTION – Made of a solid polypropylene construction, this kids’ snowboard showcases excellent workmanship.
- ADJUSTABLE BINDINGS – This snowboard has step-in bindings that are adjustable for children of all ages. It will lock into place after adjusting, so youngsters and tweens of different sizes can fit...
- TEACHES KIDS BASIC TECHNIQUES – The Grafitti Snowboard can be used to practice easy moves and novice tricks. It’s user-friendly, so kids will be able to ride it without feeling any pressure.
- IDEAL FOR BEGINNER SNOWBOARDERS – This snowboard is appropriate for children ages 3 to 7. It is perfect for entry-level snowboarding, making it a great fit for novice kids.
- CUSTOMIZE AND DESIGN YOUR OWN GRAPHICS – The amazing surface of this board boasts hip and trendy designs which can be colored and customized! Both markers and stickers are included for kids to...
- SOLID, QUALITY CONSTRUCTION – Made of a solid polypropylene construction, this kids snowboard showcases excellent workmanship. The extreme durability and resilience of this board are guaranteed...
- ADJUSTABLE BINDINGS – This snowboard has foot pads that are great for young children or kids ages 3-7. These pads offer a textured surface for rider to practice safe, proper foot positioning and...
- TEACHES KIDS BASIC TECHNIQUES – The snowboard can be used to practice basic technique and easy moves. It’s user-friendly, so kids will be able to ride it without feeling any pressure.
- PERFECT FOR BEGINNERS - Great quality and value for beginner trying out snowboarding or learning at home.
- GOOD GLIDING - Board has traditional and professional snowboard cut, with glossy bottom and gentle edges, very conducive to sliding in the snow or nearby sled hills.
- WELL-MADE - Thick and wide surface, safe enough for children to use. The solid core construction ensures that the child maintains stability and balance during the sliding process.
- ADJUSTABLE STEP-IN BINDINGS - The binding is fixed by multiple screws to avoid falling off during sliding. Adjustable design allows different snow boots.
- SPECIFICATION - Material: HDPE; Length: 44 inches, Width: 8.2 inches; Weight: 4.8 lbs; Weight limit: 100 lbs; Ages: 5-15 years old; After sales: Any problem, we can solve it for you.
- System MTN and APX Men's Snowboard Package :Simply one of the best all mountain setups we have to offer, this package will take you everywhere! Featuring System's MTN snowboard designed to float in...
- System MTN 2019 Snowboard : System's newest board is the MTN, and it is an absolute game changer! Featuring the all new CRCX camber profile, the MTN is a rocker dominant "camber-rocker-camber" profile...
- System APX Bindings: The newest addition to the System line with all upgraded hardware, the APX comes ready for snowy combat on the mountain! One of the lightest, stylish and yet most durable bindings...
- 3 Year Warranty